First and foremost let me state that the links included in this post are affiliate links and I do make a percentage. However, this does not increase your cost at all. I’d also like to note that while yes, Kirsten and I have been friends since 1st-grade lunch line, the opinions included and are my honest opinions as I recently completed the course I am discussing. 🙂 Also, I promise an embarrassing picture if you hang in and read the entire post.
With all of the legal-schmegal out of the way let me give you some background on my blogging history. Almost 20 years ago I had heard of blogging and started following bloggers that I found interesting. That’s when the itch began…I WANT TO BLOG TOO! I had zero technical experience and a fellow blogger, Erika, set one up for me on your domain and showed me how to work it. Back then blogs were done through Xanga, LiveJournal, Blogspot or through individual domains using Moveable Type. We used Moveable Type. I eventually got my own domain and blogged for a few years. I remember something changed with Moveable Type and the years of my blogging slowed down. With the inception of MySpace and Facebook, I quit blogging altogether. But now I’m back, but let me tell you it wasn’t looking too favorable at first.
I knew I wanted my own individual domain, and I wanted to be able to control my entire site. Back in the day, I used to be big into HTML and Microsoft FrontPage. However, I have insufficient web design experience with what the kids are using these days 😉 Now it’s something like CSS and this newfangled program called WordPress. I did not want to learn anything again, and it seemed overwhelming.
Until I talked to my BFF Kirsten, that is. I have known for a while that she is one of the blogging elite..like she’s known in the blog world and speaks at and holds conferences and retreats, specifically regarding blogging. So I talked with her a little bit, and she convinced me that it is NOT as hard as I kept thinking it was.
Convinced, I signed up for her Blogging Jumpstart class. Not only was this course informative, but it was also empowering. I didn’t need to pay someone else to create a site for me. I could do it myself and maintain it. For reference, I took the “Structured + Coaching” package. Why? Because she didn’t have the Mastermind option then. LOL. But seriously, my recommendation would be as follows:
- If you’ve got some working knowledge of blogs and WordPress choose the Self-Paced because you’re awesome and probably won’t need coaching help.
- If you’re like me and needed ALL the help, choose the Structured + Coaching. It was super helpful getting additional support weekly and the focus being on one module at a time set a timeframe in my head to get it done and to not procrastinate.
- If you need all the help and would love to be a part of a Mastermind, then the Mastermind package is definitely for you. You’ll be surrounded and supported by fellow bloggers who are as motivated and dedicated as you are.
Below is the information for the course to get you started on your bloggy way.
Starting a blog can seem so exciting…until you realize how much you have to learn before you can make your
blog successful. Give your blog a jumpstart! Blogging Jumpstart is an interactive, hands-on training designed
specifically for first-year bloggers who are struggling to learn all the technical pieces, figure out all the
components to creating a beautiful & engaging blog, and building momentum to attract readers. Blogging
Jumpstart gives you the pieces in an organized manner while also providing you with accountability in the form
of a private Facebook group and weekly live trainings.
Struggling to gain traction on your new blog because you’re overwhelmed by ALL THE THINGS? You need a
Jumpstart! Blogging Jumpstart is now open for registration! Class begins July 10th!
● Structured + coaching: One-time payment of $397 or 2 installments of $215
○ All lessons available immediately upon registration, however it is recommended that students
focus on one module per week without working ahead.
○ Access to the private student-only Facebook group
○ Invitation to 6 weekly live coaching calls, focusing on one module each week
● Mastermind: One-time payment of $547 or 3 installments of $197
○ 3-month small group mastermind
○ 2 live coaching calls per month August 2017 – October 2017
○ 2 mastermind groups available
○ this upsell is limited to no more than 36 students
○ 3 students will be on the hot seat for each of our calls, working on their specific blog questions
and working through them as a group
○ Self-paced students get a $50 discount on Blogging Boss
○ Structured students get a $100 discount on Blogging Boss
○ SE-OMG workbook
○ Pinterest workbook
○ Free MailChimp for Bloggers and ConvertKit for Bloggers course
○ early-bird registration & discount on upcoming in-person workshop
○ valuable list of resources , websites, and tools to implement what you learn in class
Like I mentioned before, I am an affiliate but more importantly a happy customer/student of Kirsten’s course. If you have ANY questions, please reach out to me as I will answer any of your questions. I will give you my honest opinion. Contact me via my facebook or email me at TheTryItMom@gmail.com.
Registration for the Blogging Jumstart course is NOW through July 9th, 2017 so get those questions to me and I’ll help you out. You won’t want to miss this.
And now, as promised, just to embarrass us here are pictures of us from elementary school. It would appear that Kirsten wasn’t a fan of 3rd grade and that our 5th grade teacher caught onto us and split us up for the class photo. I wonder if in 3rd grade we said “Well I wore pink last year so this year I’ll wear blue and you wore blue last years, this years it’s pink for you.” Either way our collars were fresh in 3rd grade. Like we were already planning our entrepreneur lifestyles and were planning to go to a finance meeting. 😉 LOVE YOU KIRSTEN!